This is the recommended method of sending and replying to email using from a shared mailbox using the Office 365 Outlook web app if you need the ‘from’ address to be that of the shared mailbox and you want the email to be stored in the Sent Items folder of the shared mailbox.
- Log in to the Office 365 portal using your own account credentials
- Clickthe control panel icon at the top-left of the page and then click Outlook to launch the Outlook web app
- Once the Outlook web app has launched, click your profile picture at the top right of the page and then click Open another mailbox…
- In the search box that appears, enter the email address of the shared mailbox that you want to open and then select the mailbox and then click open.
- The shared mailbox will now open in a new browser window and you can send and reply to emails directly from that mailbox. All emails will be sent from the email address of the shred mailbox and will be stored in the sent items folder of the shared mailbox.